What is The Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture System?
Mei Zen cosmetic acupuncture is a specific skin-rejuvenation protocol derived from ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine. It has been further developed through the influence of acupuncturists in China who practice cosmetic acupuncture alongside medical doctors for trauma patients recovering from reconstructive surgery.
“Mei Zen” means beautiful person. This natural, safe therapy recognizes beauty as being more than skin deep. Your skin’s appearance is a reflection of your unique state of overall health, age, and environmental factors.
Mei Zen practitioners work on the entire face or neck while simultaneously addressing underlying root causes of imbalances such as stress, toxins, digestion, and hormones. A prioritized goal is to balance internal health and to slow the aging process and inflammation so that your external skin can shine from within.
How Does It Work?
Cosmetic acupuncture works by accessing points along energy meridians with tiny dermal needles. This process brings qi and blood to the face to promote vitality and a radiant glow.Stimulation of nerves and cell tissuemicro-traumas increase circulation, lymph drainage, and nutrients to the face while boosting the production of collagen and elastin to tighten skin.
Skin is our largest and most visible organ of elimination, so we may as well take good care of it. A nutrient dense diet, lifestyle, and skincare are important parts of the overall assessment and treatment plan.
Reported benefits of Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture include:
- Relaxes held muscle tension in face and reduces frown lines.
- Improves muscle tone of face and neck, and jaw line.
- Reduces puffiness.
- Moisturized glow, radiant and softer skin.
- Increases consistency of skin tone.
- Diminishes and improves presence of deep wrinkles.
- Reduces scar tissue.
- Fading of dark spots and improvement in broken capillaries, acne, or rosacea.
- Clears electromagnetic energy that remains stagnant in tissue.
- Brighter/clearer eyes.
- Neck protocol benefits thyroid disorders.
Healthy Side Effects
- Increased energy.
- Reduced anxiety and depression.
- Better sleep.
- Reduction or elimination of migraines or headaches.
- Improved digestion.
- Regulation of menstruation and PMS.
- Pain relief.
- Elimination of hot flashes and night sweats.
Is there an ideal age to start cosmetic acupuncture?
Cosmetic acupuncture can be performed on someone at any age; starting in a person’s 20s or 30s it can be used a preventative measure, and in their 40s or later, it can be used therapeutically and correctively. Keep in mind that collagen and elastin production starts to decline after 30 years of age. It is easier to prevent lines and wrinkles, which is why I encourage starting at a young age.
What is the recommended treatment frequency?
Recommended treatment frequency involves 2 treatments per week spaced 2 days apart for a series of 10 cumulative treatments, followed by maintenance appointments that are scheduled every 2 – 4 weeks to optimize results. Commitment to adequate and regular treatments is very important as the matrix of collagen and elastin takes 4 weeks to become fixed. You will not see a result with one treatment, which is why Mei Zen appointments are purchased up front in a group of 5 or 10.
What can I expect during a treatment?
Show up to your appointment with your face free of makeup. An initial treatment includes a whole health assessment while a follow up includes a check-in. The initial treatment fee includes a welcome package handout including nutritional recommendations and a facial jade roller to use at home. Both the face or neck and body receive acupuncture for a total of 40 – 45 minutes. After the treatment a toner and serum is applied and you will be shown how to use the jade roller and facial cups. The total appointment time is 1 hour. Bruising may be a side effect.
How long will the results last?
We age. No treatment is permanent. Results can last up to 2 years. Maintenance is recommended, ideally one treatment every 2 – 4 weeks. Every 1 – 3 years it is recommended you complete the full 10-treatment protocol again.
Group of 10 treatments: 10 Mei Zen Treatments (Bonus – 1 complimentary treatment + a free jade roller): $775
Group of 5 treatments: $455.
- Appointments are 60 minutes in length.
Add-on services can assist in helping your body's own healing and ability to detoxify or improve skin health.
- HERBAL MEDICINE WITH JOLEEN KRAFT: Book an Initial or Follow-Up Herbal Medicine Add-On Consultation can be booked alongside your treatment. The first appointment is complementary and will run about 15 minutes; a medical herbalist will assess your health situation and make recommendations or create a unique herbal formula specifically for you. Both the complementary initial and follow-up herbal appointments can be booked on the website at the same time as your appointment (if practitioner is available at that time).
- REFLEXOLOGY WITH JACQUIE LYNN HOLLAND: Book a relaxing 15-minute Add-On Reflexology appointment to help correct underlying imbalances to assist skin health.
- REIKI WITH JACQUIE LYNN HOLLAND: Book a 15-minute Add-On Reiki treatment to improve lymphatic drainage and impart a sense of peace and calm.